Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A precious moment

The other night I had put everyone to bed and Mason was still up because of a late nap. So there had been several things he had needed. The typical, I'm thirsty, I need a snack, I need to go potty, I'm hot, you know how it goes. So needless to say I was getting a little frustrated and had given up on answering anymore requests. I was finishing up some dishes and I hear 6,7,8,9 up stairs, I was curious what exactly he could be counting so I went up to investigate and this is what I found
There was no way I could be frustrated anymore. All I could do was sit down and read him some books. Then I left him to finish more on his own and he got into bed all by himself when he was done. How sweet is he. He loves his books, I think he's going to be my little book worm.
* His favorite book right now is We're Going On a Bear Hunt.

1 comment:

Jen Olson Brown said...

Oh there's nothing more precious! In my less busy days when I only had one I'd read Jacob 3 board books before each nap/bed time (=9 short books a day). When I got my second I'd read 3 short books just at bedtime. Now I get in a board book in for Austin's nap, and a longer book for the older kids only a few times a week. It's just so hard, but these moments are the best when they pull out a book on their own!