We decorated gingerbread houses last night for family home evening. Decorating gingerbread houses is one of the traditions from my childhood that I love and will probably never out grow! The boys had a lot of fun! I cheated though and used graham crackers and I even hot glued the houses together so the kids could just decorate without worrying about anything. Mark even got in on the fun and helped Nixon make a zip line off of his house. I started my house and I will post pictures of it later. If you go to my photo album there are pictures of the boys help to decorate the tree and the rest of the house. Our tree gets redecorated daily.
Tuesday, December 11, 2007
Continuing Traditions
We decorated gingerbread houses last night for family home evening. Decorating gingerbread houses is one of the traditions from my childhood that I love and will probably never out grow! The boys had a lot of fun! I cheated though and used graham crackers and I even hot glued the houses together so the kids could just decorate without worrying about anything. Mark even got in on the fun and helped Nixon make a zip line off of his house. I started my house and I will post pictures of it later. If you go to my photo album there are pictures of the boys help to decorate the tree and the rest of the house. Our tree gets redecorated daily.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yea! A new post! I've been checking in on you waiting!! How fun! Gotta love the traditions! I miss your mom's rolls! I'm pretty sure they are the best ever!! You guys coming down for Christmas??
Hey, your graham cracker houses look better than ours. You have the cutest kids.
That is so funny that your tree gets re-decorated everyday. I beat my kids to leave ours alone.j/k, but no really.
Wow, those are big houses! We made ours pretty small. Now they're in the garbage or Logan's stomach :)
Got your Christmas card the other day, that's a really good picture of all of you. Thanks!
Ha! I found you first! Cute blog, and you are the super-fun-mommy of the year! Graham Crackers are M's very favorite thing, besides chocolate. These houses wouldn't have survived even the "framing" stage with him! And our tree gets re-decorated every day, too!
So happy to see that you are carrying on some of the fun family traditions with your family. We were remembering your awesome gingerbread house with the rock candy walls during the cousin's gingerbread party this year!
Post a Comment