Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Birthday!

So this blog is for you Sunni..... My birthday was good and bad but no pictures to remember it with. We took the kids out for breakfast and then Riley had a primary party. Then we took the kids to the movies to see Water Horse, for those of you wondering it was good I thought it was a little over my kids' heads sometimes but they said they liked it. Then Mark watched the kids while I ran to some stores and then we got a babysitter and did some birthday shopping and went to dinner. But then the bad.... We got home and had invited a bunch of friends over to celebrate . I went to check on the kids in bed and Nixon was in bed awake but wouldn't move his arm. To make a long story short know one knew what happened and we ended up in the ER until 3 am with a dislocated elbow. But all is well know and it was a great birthday for me.

2 comments:

SunGood said...

Yea girl!! Thanks for that! You know I love to see and hear about you guys!! So sorry about Nixon's arm!! Still don't know what happened? Poor guy..but I know he's probably tough as nails being Mark's kid! Looks like a fun time at the cabin! My kids would KILL to play in that kind of snow.. one of these days we will make it up there! I mean it! Love ya tons girl! Glad you had a bittersweet birthday!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristina, does he have what is called "nurse maids elbow"? Champ has had his elbow dislocated 2 times just because I would grab his arm to bring him somewhere and he would pull the other direction and it would dislocate. The first time it happened I was lucky and had my brother in law there, who is a pediatrician, and he put it right back in for me. The second time I called him and he talked me through how to put it back in. He told me it was called nurse maids elbow and they usually grow out of it by age 5 or so. He said it happens when his arm gets pulled one way and he goes the other, even siblings could dislocate his arm or a friend. Very scary I know. I don't know if this helps or maybe you already know all of this. Glad you had a somewhat happy birthday, you are so old!! ;)