Tuesday, June 2, 2009
The results of FHE
On Sunday we had a lesson about the Family Proclomation and the nine things to do to have a successful marriage and family. So I thought we could talk about and work on a new one each week as a family. We read the part of the proclomation as a family and decided to work on love this week. We talked about things we could do to show love to our family and how we feel when we do and we gave our kids a jar to fill with "love beans" over the next week. The rule to filling the jar is you have to do something that shows love to another member of the family and then they get to put a bean in the jar. Then we decided that once we fill the jar we get to go to Leo's Place as a family to celebrate our love. So far its been going really well, there has been lots of bed making, getting things for people, sharing and kind words. Then this evening the boys were out riding bikes and cleaning them. I was inside doing other motherly things when I thought its been awhile since I've seen or heard the boys, so I went out to check. Suprise... They had decided to clean my car for me while it was in the garage with the windows unrolled. All I could keep saying was oh my gosh, I didn't know where to begin. We got towels out started drying and sweeping the water out of the garage. Riley looks at me and says mom now me and Nixon get to each put a "love bean" in the jar for washing your car. Yes you do, thank you, lessoned learned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That is so awesome!!! I miss your kids... I hope they feel the jar pretty quick. I want to go to Leo's place too. Love Lau
Wow! You were good to not freak out and I'm sure they will appreciate that story when they are older Until then, we get to cherish it! Windows down and everything. We miss you and hope things are great. I need to call you soon, sorry it's been so long!
Stin,
That is so cute! but crazy! Your boys are adorable!! We cannot wait to spend more time with you and your kids. Liv misses them. Every time I mention them she always says, "Go see'em." She loves them. love you guys!
Ah that's cute!
On the show 'Here Come the Newlyweds', there is a Mormon couple and both Ethan and I think the wife looks like you :)
Glad you guys are doing well. I need to see more picts. of Kate, so adorable! Congratulations.
Hey I can't find your address and have a baby announcement for you guys. So if you get a chance email it to me at megan.curtis@gmail.com Thanks, hope you guys are having a great summer.
Post a Comment