Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy 4th birthday


Nixon had a birthday on April 18th. And lucky for me and Mark(because then he didn't have to deal with a bunch of kids all by himself) I didn't plan any type of party. I had Kate on Thursday night and so I was still in the hospital on Saturday. I had bought presents so Mark got to stay up wraping presents and we planned a party at the hospital. Nixon woke up to a decorated bedroom(thanks dad) and then they headed off to the airport for a helicopter ride.
He was a little scared at first and only wanted to go a little bit high. But by the end he was loving every minute and was asking for another ride.(thanks grandpa) Then the boys headed over to the hospital and we had donuts, sang happy birthday and he opened up his birthday presents.
I was so thankful for Mark bringing the boys over so I could share in that special day with him. Then Mark took the boys to Leo's Place for lunch with cousins and friends. This was all that


Nixon wanted to do that day was go to Leo's Place.
When he was blowing out the candles on the cake he had drulded on part of the cake, people started laughing and so the picture moment was missed but a funny story remains. After cake and pizza Mark took the boys to the park to play and fly kites. Needless to say Nixon had a very satisfying birthday without mom needing to plan anything. Happy birthday Nixon and thanks for being willing to share part of it with your sister. We love you so much and you are such a sweet part of our family!!

4 comments:

Jen Olson Brown said...

How cute! Mark sure stepped up to the place! We all need to hang out more! :-)

Front Porch Friend. said...

You found my blog and I found yours. That was a real present for me. And I found out Nixon has the same birthday as Cassidy. That makes him even more special!

Monica said...

Happy Birthday Nixon, what more can a guy ask for than a helicopter ride, friends, family, kite flying and pizza! What a cutie!

Orange Juice said...

That was so sweet. Nixon is adorable. We miss you guys. lots of love. Kate is beautiful!!!