Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring Break skiing trip


This year for spring break we decided to stick around town and do fun things here. So we took a trip to the library, played outside and with friends, but the highlight of the week was to go skiing at Targhee with the boys. Our neighbor was kind enough to take of Kate for us for the day so we could enjoy the day together. They all loved riding the magic carpet and they all loved skiing. We all did the Shoshone lift once together, and we all did good and got down the hill successfully. Mason and Marks day ended a little earlier than the rest of ours did. They went and got hot chocolate and treats. Me and the boys did the magic carpet a few more times and then tried Shoshone again. This trip was not quite as successfull, although we did make it down. I stuck with Nixon and I think his little legs just got too tired and he could even stand up anymore, so Riley took off down the hill by himself. And I kept trying various things with Nix but all was a no go. I finally took of his ski's and I was just going to carry him down or something, but I was blessed to have a more experienced skiing couple come ask if they could help me. Ever so gratefully I accepted. I found Riley at the bottom headed for the magic carpet again and that is where we stayed until the lifts closed. We stopped on the way home for square ice cream and we topped off the trip with a throw up session from Mason as we were pulling in to the drive way. It was a great day and I had a lot of FUN! and Kate enjoyed her day almost tear free, which is a major accomplishment for any who know her. There will soon be video updates from this trip.

No comments: