I have started reading chapter books to the boys at bedtime. I have tried doing ones that they are at least a little bit familiar with, mostly for Mason and Nixon's sake. So some that we have read are Stewart Little, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory( after this one we had a movie party and tried to find the differences in the old one.), James and the Giant Peach, Fantastic Mr. Fox and the Wizard of OZ. And it just so happened that while we were reading the Wizard of OZ a local dance company was performing it as a musical. So I got me, Riley and Nixon tickets. I made a night of it and I took them downtown for dessert first. It was a big slice of chocolate cake and Snake Bite, absolutely one of my favorites!! Then we headed off to the play. The boys loved it and so did I. I really enjoyed being able to do this activity with them. I think it was really good for them to be exposed to something this different for them. Looking back on these pictures I can see my boys growing up, and oh how it is happening quickly.
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
The wizard of Oz
I have started reading chapter books to the boys at bedtime. I have tried doing ones that they are at least a little bit familiar with, mostly for Mason and Nixon's sake. So some that we have read are Stewart Little, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory( after this one we had a movie party and tried to find the differences in the old one.), James and the Giant Peach, Fantastic Mr. Fox and the Wizard of OZ. And it just so happened that while we were reading the Wizard of OZ a local dance company was performing it as a musical. So I got me, Riley and Nixon tickets. I made a night of it and I took them downtown for dessert first. It was a big slice of chocolate cake and Snake Bite, absolutely one of my favorites!! Then we headed off to the play. The boys loved it and so did I. I really enjoyed being able to do this activity with them. I think it was really good for them to be exposed to something this different for them. Looking back on these pictures I can see my boys growing up, and oh how it is happening quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow those boys are getting so grown! Thanks for your sweet card in the mail! You're such a good friend and I need to call you more often. Sorry. I'm dying down here in the heat, so perhaps you're the smart one. Hehe. Love ya!
Post a Comment