Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Help for Sacrament meetings
This post is for all you moms looking for a way to help keep your kids quiet and reverent during church. I started tearing out pages from the friend magazine that had kid activities on them, like mazes, word searches, find the hidden objects, etc. and I laminated them and put them in a 3-ring binder. Then I bought the fine color pack of dry erease markers and my kids love coloring and drawing on them during sacrament meeting, stake conference and general conference. I made a binder for my two older boys and they love to switch pages between them too. Then after church I just wipe off all the pages for next week. Another idea I have recently tried is tearing out some of the pages in the friend or ensign that are pictures of Christ by himself or his birth or of prophets or of temples etc. and I cut them apart like a puzzle and laminate the pieces. My kids love doing these puzzles and I just put them in plastic bags and leave them in the pockets of their binders. These are also great for FHE or just quiet activities on Sunday. Hope these ideas are helpful too you and if you have any other great ideas that have worked for your family for FHE or church please post!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is an awesome idea! Jayden and Hadley would have a blast with the markers! Thanks for passing that along!
Micaela
My kids would totally draw on themselves. I barely escape using crayons. But the puzzle thing is a good idea.
Kristina you are so creative, I am going to do it for Collin he is not behaving in Sacrament meeting... just kidding but in the future I will for kids. thanks lau
What a great idea! I recently laminated a make-it-yourself mini-book from the Friend and plan to give it to Jacob for his birthday. I never thought of using it in Sacrament meeting! I'll do this one and my kids will be grateful!
What a great idea. I'm so excited to try it out.
Post a Comment