Friday, January 29, 2010

Here's to January a great start to the year!!

SO I am just going to let you all know what we have been up to this month. It's been a lot of fun!!
*It started out with an amazing birthday, thanks to my hubby who took over the kids and the house so I could enjoy and day of shopping, getting my hair done and a massage!! We got to end the night going out to eat!!

*We bought the boys a much needed bunk bed, since they insist on sleeping all in the same room and Mason has been on the floor for the past 5months. We also added a little decor to their room. I think it turned out looking better than I expected. It's amazing what just a little bit can do. They love their bed too, or should I say their pirate ship(that's what they usually pretend it is)
*Riley got to go to a neighbors birthday party and he had to dress up as silly as we could, and I just thought this picture was pretty hilarious and had to share it.

*Kate got her first tooth at 9months old and her second appeared a few days after that. She wieghed in at a wopping 16 lbs at her 9 month check up which puts her in the 10%. Its been enjoyable having her stay little longer, get teeth later and she still isn't on the move. All my boys seemed to grow up so fast.

*On the 18th the boys didn't have school so I let them have full reins of planning the day. They made their list all together and gave it to me first thing in the morning. They rounded up all their money for the places they wanted to shop at and the schedule looked like this:
1. pet store
*purchased: 1 mouse each with all the habitat furnishings. We now own more pets the children(2 dogs,2 mice and 1 fish)
2. mall
*purchased: penguin slippers and a microphone
3. walmart
*purchased:candy necklaces, skateboard guys, squishy bugs, fake money and bouncy balls
4. swimming
5. resturant for lunch
Then we took the kids out for ice cream after an evening of swimming. It was a really great day. I think most of all they loved just feeling like they controlled the day!

*And of course living in Idaho we had to make time for some sledding and building snowmen.

1 comment:

Jen Olson Brown said...

That's so great the boys share a room. I'm all about that. Katie is such a beauty! Lucky mom!!!